At Straighten Up Alberta, we believe in building relationships with our customers. These relationships are built on trust and respect and we believe that is the way a business should be operated. Part of establishing trust and respect is done by telling you what information we will require from you, how this information will be handled, and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it that way.
The purpose of the following document is to inform you of:
- our information handling practices;
- the reasons for these practices;
- security steps in place to protect your information; and
- your role in controlling your own personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
At Straighten Up Alberta, we collect personal information to better serve your needs. Whether it be purchasing products and services from us or obtaining referrals and distribution requests, we are here to make sure that you get everything you need. In order to provide you with our wide variety of services, products, and promotions, we may collect the following information when necessary:
- contact and mailing information such as name, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses
- credit information, and personal information
- any other relevant information which is necessary to provide you with our products and services.
We may need to collect other personal information depending on the circumstances, but we will ask you directly and ensure that you agree.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Like you, we at Straighten Up Alberta value your personal information. Part of valuing your personal information is making sure that it is protected and kept confidential. We achieve this by:
- keeping our records secure;
- having up to date computer security such as passwords, encryption and firewalls